Chief Master Sergeant Darren L. Nogle is the Command Chief Master Sergeant, 153d Airlift Wing, Wyoming Air National Guard. He is the senior enlisted advisor to the wing commander. The unit supports the State of Wyoming, the Air National Guard and the United States Air Force. The Wing is equipped with eight C-130H aircraft and consists of more than 1,200 personnel across 20 squadrons. The wing supports state and national interests through peacetime and combat airlift missions throughout the world and also has capabilities for aerial firefighting (Modular Airborne Fire Fighting System), an aero-medical evacuation unit, a command and control mission, and an air traffic control unit.
Chief Nogle enlisted in the active duty Air Force in August of 1986. Upon completion of his Intelligence Operations technical school in December of 1986 he was assigned to the 62d Military Airlift Wing, McChord Air Force Base. After serving 3 1/2 years on active duty he transitioned to the Wyoming Air National Guard’s 153d Airlift Wing as an intelligence analyst. After a five year break in service he returned to the 153d Airlift Wing in July 1999 and resumed duties in the Intelligence Section. While a member of Operations Support Flight, the chief served as Intelligence Section Superintendent as well as the Intelligence Oversight Program manager for the wing. He has deployed several times in support of operations Enduring Freedom, Iraqi Freedom, Joint Forge and Cornet Oak and participated in numerous exercises to include Red Flag, Blue Flag, Brim Frost, Team Spirit and Ridge Runner.
Prior to assuming his current position, Chief Nogle was the Group Superintendent of the 153d Operations Group. During Chief Nogle’s break in service he started a successful corporation and a partnership in the financial sector where he served as the President for over 19 years. This experience allowed him to gain vast knowledge of operations in the corporate sector to include leadership, human resources, budgeting, training, team building, marketing and sales.
1987 Counterinsurgency Course, USAF Special Operations School, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
1988 Survival School, Fairchild AFB, Wash.
1988 Water Survival Course, Fairchild AFB, Wash.
1988 Military Airlift Command Combat Aircrew Training School, Nellis AFB, Nev.
1989 Noncommissioned Officer Preparatory Course, McChord AFB, Wash.
1996 Train the Trainer School, American Collectors Association, Las Vegas, Nev.
1996 Top Managers School, American Collectors Association, Las Vegas, Nev.
1996 Marketing for Profit School, American Collectors Association, Las Vegas, Nev.
2005 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, by correspondence
2009 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, by correspondence
2013 Associate of Applied Science Intelligence, Community College of the Air Force
1. August 1986 – September 1986, trainee, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, San Antonio, Texas
2. September 1986 – December 1986, student, Air Force Air Intelligence Training Center, Lowry AFB, Denver, Colo.
3. January 1987 – January 1990, Intelligence Journeyman, 62d Military Airlift Wing, McChord AFB, Tacoma, Wash.
4. January 1990 – January 1993, Intelligence Journeyman, 153d Operations Support Flight, Cheyenne, Wyo.
5. July 1999 – January 2003, Intelligence Journeyman, 153d Operations Support Flight, Cheyenne, Wyo.
6. January 2003 – January 2009, Intelligence Journeyman, 153d Operations Support Flight, Cheyenne, Wyo.
7. January 2009 – July 2013, Intelligence Superintendent, 153d Operations Support Flight, Cheyenne, Wyo.
8. July 2013 – January 2017, Operations Group Superintendent, 153d Operations Group, Cheyenne, Wyo.
9. January 2013 - present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 153d Airlift Wing, Cheyenne, Wyo.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal
1987 62nd Military Airlift Wing, Airman of the Quarter
1988 62nd Military Airlift Wing, Airman of the Quarter
1989 62nd Military Airlift Wing, Airman of the Quarter
2009 153rd Airlift Wing, Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Quarter
2010 153rd Airlift Wing, Air Mobility Command Inspector General Outstanding Performer, Wing Inspection
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Senior Airman February 20, 1989
Staff Sergeant July 10, 1999
Technical Sergeant December 1, 2003
Master Sergeant December 16, 2005
Senior Master Sergeant January 21, 2009
Chief Master Sergeant December 7, 2013
(Current as of April 2017)