Wyo. Air National Guard members recognized as outstanding
By , Wyoming Military Department
/ Published March 08, 2010
Cheyenne, Wyo. -- Members of the Wyoming Air National Guard were recognized for their outstanding service during 2009, at a formal banquet Saturday night.
"It's always an honor to recognize the outstanding achievements of our Wyoming Airmen," said Col. Dennis Grunstad, 153rd Airlift Wing commander. "These selfless men and women uphold the core values of the Wyoming Air National Guard, always maintaining the ideals of people first and mission always."
The following individuals were recognized for their leadership, military bearing, knowledge of military customs, community service and personal achievements.
- Airman 1st Class Steven E. Baptiste, 30th Airlift Squadron, Airman of the Year.
- Staff Sgt. Micah Weeks, 153rd Communications Flight, Noncommissioned Officer of the Year.
- Master Sgt. Alan Martin, 30th Airlift Squadron, First Sergeant of the Year.
- Senior Master Sgt. Craig Helart, Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year.
- Maj. Ryan Hendrickson, 30th Airlift Squadron, Company Grade Officer of the Year.
- Master Sgt. Jon Perkins, 153rd Command and Control Squadron, was chosen as the Flag Team Member of the Year. This award is a symbol of the extreme amount of volunteerism and undying commitment a Flag Team member must possess.
Tech. Sgt. Jeremy S. Nash; Tech. Sgt. Frank H. Wilson, Jr.; Tech. Sgt. Jennifer J. Young; Tech. Sgt. Scottie L. Johnson; Tech. Sgt. Joshua D. Moore; Tech. Sgt. Danielle L. Walsh; Tech. Sgt. Heather Soule; Tech. Sgt. Richard L. Chatwell; Staff Sgt. Joseph V. Osborn; Staff Sgt. Olivia O. Delatorre; Staff Sgt. Victoria A. Lopez; Senior Airman Stuart R. Hays; Senior Airman Michelle S. Grounds; Senior Airman Carly J. York; Senior Airman Mathew A. Hemsath; Senior Airman Sandi Tran; and Airman 1st Class Tiffany J. Creel, were named as the Chiefs Council Core Value Award recipients.
This award recognizes the junior enlisted members of the Wyoming Air National Guard who best represent the Air Force/Air National Guard Core Values: Integrity first, Service before self, Excellence in all we do, Commitment to Citizen Soldier heritage, and Strength of our diverse family.
Master Sgt. Michele Henning was recognized as the Unit Career Advisor of the Year. The Unit Career Advisor plays a key role in promoting the careers and opportunities of our military force, from the youngest Airman to the most seasoned senior noncommissioned officer.
Tech. Sgt. Mark E. Hill was named as the Top Recruiter of the Year for the Wyoming Air National Guard. Tech Sgt. Craig Kenyon was selected as the Rookie Recruiter of the Year. These awards recognize the recruiters who continue to go above and beyond and whose individual efforts and support have been a contributing factor in this organization's ability to meet its missions.